Factor develops Panamas climate change strategy with funds from the Green Climate Fund
mercoledì, 25. novembre 2020 | CO2
Factor Ideas for change together with the Centro de Estudios Multidisciplinarios en Ciencias, Ingeniería y Tecnología AIP (CEMCIT AIP) and GreenConflitc, will develop the framework of the preparatory support program (Readiness) for the Green Climate Fund (GFC) of Panama. The project will be managed by the Latin American Development Bank (CAF) and supported by the Ministry of Environment of Panama.
The project will have 10 phases with the final objective of consolidating the country's capacity in climate management, through the preparation, consultancy, and dissemination of six strategic documents:
- National procedural manual for the issuance of no-objection letters for national and regional initiatives, which seek to access national and international climate funding (including the GFC).
- Development of Panama's National Climate Change Strategy 2020-2050.
- Development of a Country Program for the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
- Development of Concept Notes for the GCF based on identified strategic funding priorities
- Study to identify barriers and opportunities for private sector participation in investments related to the national strategic priorities defined for adaptation and mitigation within the Country Program
- Four concept notes to be presented to the GCF based on the strategic funding priorities identified in the Country Program.
All this will be achieved through a participation process, with special emphasis on the private sector, through inclusive and gender focused workshops. Panama, with the help of this consultancy seeks to contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the United Nations Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), which promote resilient transformation, support developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and adaptation to the possible impacts of climate change.
Factor Ideas for change
Factor has more than 15 years of experience offering technical consulting services in the areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation, carbon footprint analysis, sustainability, circular economy, renewable energy and carbon markets, amongst other things, undertaken on behalf of governments and international organizations, as well as for over 400 companies, with more than 1,100 projects undertaken within 40+ countries.