Renewable Energy Cooperation Program: Zambia and Senegal
- EU Energy Initiative Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF)
In order to accelerate the use of renewable energy in Africa and meet future energy needs, the Africa-EU Renewable Energy Cooperation Programme (RECP) was established under the Africa-EU Energy Partnership (AEEP).
In order to support market development for renewable energy in sub-Sahara Africa, the RECP works in four Action Areas:
- Policy advisory: solve specific policy and regulatory barriers for investment in renewables.
- Private sector cooperation: promote renewable energy, provide market information, link up potential partners for cooperation (especially between Africa and Europe).
- Access to finance: provide advisory to project developers in accessing finance.
- Innovation and skills development: improve training and education systems.
Factor worked in the identification of a work programme for these two countries based on the findings of the scoping missions jointly organised by RECP and Factor.