Factor presents its progress report to the Spanish Network of the Global Compact of the UN
30 September 2016
Bilbao, Friday, September 30. As it has done annually for the past four years, Factor earlier this week presented its progress report to the Spanish Network of the Global Compact of the United Nations.
With this report, Factor reinforces its commitment to this international initiative that promotes corporate social responsibility (CSR) for corporate sustainability and sustainable development.
The purpose of the report is to translate the actions carried out by Factor around the 10 principles established by the Global Compact and the Spanish Network of the Global Compact during 2015.
The report shows how Factor implements the Ten Principles for corporate social responsibility and their progress in responsible management and corporate sustainability, covering the areas of: Human Rights, Workplace, Environment and Anti-Corruption, Factor explains the different actions performed in each of the 10 principles.
The 10 principles of the Global Compact are:
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
2. Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
4. The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
5. The effective abolition of child labour;
6. The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
8. Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
9. Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Factor is an international group specialized in providing global, innovative and sustainable solutions in areas such as climate change, energy, sustainability, trading and internationalization.
Their main value is the people that conform it. His working method is based on offering specialized knowledge, with a deep insight into customer and an overall approach.