Climate change, which is driving the transformation of energy and business models, has become a key challenge for the international community
With over a decade of experience, at Factor CO2 we offer solutions to clients in the public and private sectors, supporting them in mitigating and reducing greenhouse gases (GHGs), as well as adapting to climate risks.
You can learn more about our climate change area at www.factorco2.com
Our services range from calculating GHG emissions and studying vulnerability to climate change, to developing strategies and using market-based instruments.
- Environmental and climate accounting. At Factor CO2 we draw up greenhouse gas emission inventories, atmospheric pollutants, carbon, water, ecological and environmental footprints and carbon sinks studies. In the context of actions for improvement, we have broad experience in developing projection models for emissions, as well as analytical studies, such as satellite accounting of atmospheric emissions and greenhouse gases, or marginal cost curves for reduction of emissions.
- Adaptation and climatology. In this field, we help our clients to understand how climate change can affect us and what we have to do to adapt to its effects, generating vulnerability and climate risk studies and analysing its short, medium and long-term effects.
- Strategies and action plans. We structure the roadmap based on the design and implementation of strategies and plans to reduce GHG emissions and green growth, cost-effectiveness action plans analysis and carbon neutrality strategies. We also develop action plans for climate change adaptation, following various methodologies including cost-benefit and multi-criteria analysis.
- Market-Based Instruments. Actions for environmental improvement are often supported by market-based instruments. Thanks to our experience, we are able to assist in the design of carbon and environmental markets, setting up Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems as well as assisting in complying with carbon market regulations (eg. the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)).
- Emissions reduction mechanisms. We have spent over 10 years working within schemes as the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), Programs of Activities, and Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). We have also developed projects under voluntary and domestic schemes (VCS and climate projects, among others). Furthermore, we have also designed and implemented quite a few emissions Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems.